This year we had some of our best moments in sports.
To celebrate, we wanted to share some of our favourite ones with you.
- Kicking off a great sporting year sees Ireland beat Zimbabwe in the U19 World Cup held in Barbados. Form 3 student, Reuben Wilson opened the bowling for Ireland and got five wickets.
- Junior Boys in their Fr. Godfrey Cup match today vs PSS Newbridge. A fantastic performance ending in a well deserved victory FT 36-5.
- U16’s Junior Boys Basketball kick-off 2022 with a great win at the final 39-25.
- Great win in the first round of the Vinny Murray Cup.
- Abi Turner becomes our first ever U18 female player to be selected for the Leinster Rugby Metro U18 squad.
- A comprehensive win for our Sen Boys hockey squad back in January which saw them through to the semi-finals of the All Ireland Schools championship.
- We hosted some cracking cricket this year! The Carlow boys faced ex-Carlow rugby player Dan van Zyl who starred as the home side won by a couple of runs!
- Antonio Cascante (Coolmine SC), wins the Bronze medal in the 1500m and 800m freestyle 15-16 years old at the Leinster Championships 2022. His team, St. Vincent’s won the U15 Waterpolo National Cup in Galway.
- Form 3 student Reuben Wilson playing fantastic cricket and continuing to fly the flag for Ireland. The U19 World Cup Cricket Ireland Team played India & South Africa in Trinidad.
- Rachel Lang and Ciarán Lyons took part in the Junior Liffey Descent. They both represent their club, ‘Wild Water Kayak Club,’ and their scout group, ’48th Dublin (Lucan)’.
- Outstanding commitment from our Junior Girls Cricket Squad (& coaches!) as they defeated their opponents in the Junior Cup.
- Our Senior GAA team marked 51 years since The Kings Hospital first played football in May 1971.