NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ARRIVAL DATES 2022
- Form 1 & 4 Tuesday August 23rd, 2022 – 14:00 to 20:00
- Form 2 & 5 Wednesday August 24th, 2022 – 14:00 to 20:00
- Returning Form 3 & 6 Thursday August 25th, 2022 – from 17:00 – 20:00
Preferred arrival for new students 14:00 to 20:00 – exceptions made due to limited flight options from 09:00 to 21:00 – outside those hours students must remain with their guardian.
FORM 1 MEETING WITH HOUSEPERSON WEDNESDAY AUG 24TH 11:00-11:30
If Form 1 parents are staying in Dublin overnight they are welcome to attend the houseperson meeting for all Form 1 boarders.
You can drop off luggage from 09:00 if you wish to go shopping for school supplies, and then return no later than 20:00.
Please discuss with us directly where you have more than one child who are due in on different days,
AIRPORT TRANSPORT POLICY
Students must use the school airport transport service at all times during the school year and are not permitted to take their own transport to the airport or travel with their guardian.
The exception being a departure or arrival to school between 22:00 and 07:00. Then the guardian must arrange for the student’s transportation and a host family for that night. It is very disruptive to a room of students and staff members to wake up a student or settle them back in once everyone is sleeping.
One-way trip to the airport remains at €50. This covers the cost of a school approved driver, who will be in contact with the school and the parents on departure and arrival, to ensure a smooth and safe airport transfer.
Payment is made online for each trip in advance and the responsibility lies with the parent or appointed agent/guardian to provide the correct flight information and any testing/quarantine requirements, to the school in a timely manner.
Click here for more detail International Travel Arrangements 2022-23
It is very important that you choose your guardian wisely. Guardianship is an invaluable service for students and their parents, and this was very evident during the pandemic. Please contact Michelle Foley for further information on our guardianship expectations; and how to select a suitable guardian for your child. A guardianship induction meeting is planned for August 27th at 11am in the school. Each guardian is expected to attend.
If a guardian is going out of the country they must appoint another guardian in their place, and we must be made aware of that in advance.
FIRST WEEK OF SCHOOL – OUTLINE
All new students will have inductions in the first week to help them choose their Sports & Extra-curricular activities and to familiarise themselves with the school grounds and protocols.
|Tuesday, August 23rd||Form 1 & 4 boarders arrive|
|Wednesday August 24th||
Form 1 & 4 boarders & day students’ induction
Form 2 & 5 boarders arrive
|Thursday August 25th||
Form 1 & 4 boarders & day students first full day of school.
Form 2 & 5 boarders & day students’ induction
Form 3 & 6 boarders arrive
|Friday, August 26th||
Form 1 & 4 boarders & day students – full day of school.
Form 2 & 5 boarders & day students – full day of school.
Form 3 & 6 boarders & day students- induction
|Saturday, August 27th||
Guardian induction in morning (virtual or on campus tbc)
New international students sit English test.
New boarders orientation & lunch with guardians (if permitted on campus)
|Sunday, August 28th||Boarders off-campus shopping trip for essentials.|
UNIFORM & BOOKLISTS
Our uniform for both school and sports is also visible through this link. Any changes to uniform will also appear mid-June, but are not anticipated.
- Form 2-5 2022 Start of School Presentation
- International Student Handbook 2021-22
- KH Form 1 Booklist 2022-2023
- KH Form 2 Booklist 2022-2023
- KH Form 4 Booklist 2022-2023
- KH Form 5 Booklist 2022-2023
- EAL Provision 2022-23
- International Travel Arrangements 2022-23
You can purchase most boarding items locally, as we are adjacent to Liffey Valley shopping mall that has departments stores; Marks and Spencer, Dunnes Stores, an Eason bookstore and a Primark (Penneys). You can also purchase books, uniform and bedding online and have them shipped to the school, over the summer holiday – clearly marked with your child’s name. Some guardians will purchase items for you if part of their service package.
ENGLISH LANUGAGE SUPPORT (EAL)
- All students who require language support receive EAL classes each week.
- All new students will be tested for their English level on Saturday August 27th, 2022.
- An email will be sent to you with their results, and advice on what further study they need.
- All new students will need to purchase 1-2 books and sit an alternative English Certificate Exam, if not taking Cambridge exams. The cost of the books, exam fee and transport will be advised in that email (approximately €220).
- The total cost of sitting a Cambridge exam is €750 incl. lessons, exam fee & transport. The online payment link will be sent with the English Test result in early September.
- Click here for more detail EAL Provision 2022-23
Please email Michelle @ email@example.com or call us on +353 1 643-6564 with any questions.