The King’s Hospital Parents Association (KHPA) is very active in supporting the students, their parents and the school throughout the year, through events and fundraising. The headmaster attends the KHPA committee meetings. The feedback and input from the association is invaluable to the school.
A committee is elected each year at the association's AGM, and a chairperson, secretary and treasurer are elected every three years from the committee members.
The KHPA meets about every six weeks, and divides up responsibility for the many events that they run. Being a member of the parent body is a great way of getting involved in these events and to meet other parents, which might not happen too often in secondary school. Additional volunteers are always welcome! Sign up here.
The KHPA is a member of the NPCPP and COMPASS. Click here for a link to the recent NPCPP 'Newsblast', which compiles some interesting news items on education.
Update from NPCPP
AGM held by Zoom Oct 20, 2020 at 18:30pm
You can access the Chairperson's & Headmaster's Reports here:
NEWLY ELECTED COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR 2020/21
- Hilary David - Chairperson
- Gail Peard - Secretary
- Julia Culleton - Hon. Treasurer
- Myles O'Donoghue - Rep to Board of Managment
- Elaine Clarke - Rep to Board of Management
- Richard Heywood-Jones - COMPASS REP
- Amanda Gillick
- Margaret Kadeba
- Tony Keane
- Susan Leitch
- Jacquie Lyons
- Sarah-Lyn McKenna
- Harold McMillan
- Fiona Michael
- Angela O'Connor
Event Calendar 2019/20
- KHPA AGM September 17th , 2019 @19:30
- Ladies Lunch: Friday, October 4th, 2019, 1pm - Tickets on Eventbrite
- Parent talk - Oct 1st 2019 @19:30 WWH Dr Siobhan O'Higgins 'Smart Consent' KHPA Parent Talk.pdf
- Form 6 Mock Interviews - Oct 15th, 2019
- Uniform Recycling Sale - Dec 20th, 2019
- Form 5 Careers Evening - March10th, 2020
- Valedictory Service & Dinner - May 15th, 2020 - cancelled due to Covid-19
- AGM October 20th, 2020 18:30-19:00 Zoom invite sent to all parents