Since September 2018, we have been providing students with a whole new dining experience from our catering provider Sodexo www.independentsbysodexo.com .
Catering Manager Sean Meagher can be emailed directly at Sean.Meagher@sodexo.com
Prepaid lunch payment information here.
Menus for Autumn Term 2019
Sodexo has worked in partnership with many fee-paying schools in Ireland for more than 50 years, providing best in class catering to boys and girls every day. Our specialist schools team are dedicated solely to delivering catering and a range of other service solutions to clients in the private and fee-paying school market and we work with each school to develop a bespoke vision for pupil and teacher dining to deliver a catering concept that is unique in a school environment.
Now entering the third year of our partnership with The King’s Hospital School, our team lead by Catering Manager Sean Meagher, is committed to delivering the very best care to each and every boarding & day student that dines in the school.
Ensuring pupils receive healthy nutritious food every day is of paramount importance. Sodexo takes seriously our responsibility to assist the students in being able to make healthy choices. We offer nutritionally balanced menus that promote healthy options and educate young people on the importance of eating a balanced diet. Sodexo’s “Fresh Food from Scratch” ethos is the backbone of our approach to healthy eating and it means that all dishes are freshly prepared from scratch using the freshest, most seasonal, ingredients, bought from sustainable accredited sources.
Sodexo’s Ethos & Commitment in The King’s Hospital School is to:
- Provide the fuel that students need to learn
- Ensure that young people have the nutrition they need to maintain their active lives and grow
- Provide the environment & the food they need to feel at home
Specialist Nutritionists and Dieticians have educated Sodexo’s teams in healthy methods of preparing, cooking and serving food.
- Where practical we will use fruit sugars and honey as sweeteners
- Rapeseed oil is used if frying, is required
- Vegetables are included in dishes to improve the nutritional content.
- Fish is served to provide Omega 3 to support growth and mental well being
- Semi skimmed and Soy milk are promoted
- Salt and fat content of dishes are reduced with herbs and spices added for extra flavour
The foundation of Fresh Foods from Scratch is based on using only the best quality, locally sourced ingredients and is of the highest importance to the success of this unique school’s food offering
- 100% of meat and poultry are sourced in Ireland
- All suppliers are Bord Bia approved
- Fish and seafood is MSC accredited
- Sodexo are fully engaged with “LEAF” to ensure quality, seasonality and local sourcing