The King’s Hospital School operates a waiting list admissions system, so you can register your child with us for Form 1 from birth.
Our registration form is currently unavailable online so please contact our Admissions Office by email or phone at +353 1 6436564 and we will post you out an Admissions Pack. Please find our Admissions Policy here.
Form 1 Applicants
What you need to complete the registration form:
- Child’s PPS number
- Parent/Guardian contact details (phone, address & email)
- Parent/Guardian signatures
- Name and address of current school, plus roll number (if child attending school already)
- A copy (original not required) of the child’s birth certificate
- A certificate of religious affiliation, signed by the religious leader of the church you attend, only if you are a practising member of a Protestant or affiliated faith
- Details or reports of any special education needs, including giftedness
- A cheque, bank draft, money order, or cash fee of €75, which can also be paid by direct debit (bank details found on the form)
A child must be 12 by the time they are to begin Form 1.
If you are registering more than one child, we require a separate registration form for each sibling. There is no automatic guarantee of a place for a sibling, as per our admissions policy, and they must be registered and placed on the waiting list like every other child.
Once we receive your registration form with payment, it is date stamped and you will receive a receipt by email, unless you specify otherwise.
As most of the school communications now takes place by email, it is recommended that you give us a personal email address over a work one.
Given that some of you will register your child years before they are due to begin secondary school, it is important that we have the correct details for you on file.
Please let us know if your email, home address or phone number changes.
Parents and children who have registered for a place will be invited to attend our Open Day. (For 2021 entrants, Open Day will take place Friday, 1st May, 2020). First round offers are posted about two weeks after Open Day, and second round offers a month later.
You will have two weeks to sign and return the acceptance form, along with a deposit of €600.
If you do not return the form by the closing date, the offer will be withdrawn and given to another child on the waiting list. We will continue to offer places to families on the waiting list until all available places have been filled.
We also operate a waiting list system for mid-stream students, so the registration form must be requested and returned as for Form 1 applicants above, with the addition of a most recent school report.
If a place becomes available, you will be contacted for an interview with the headmaster prior to any offer of a place.
Please read our Admissions Policy carefully to understand how we offer places to students each year.