The King’s Hospital Parents Association (KHPA) is very active in supporting the students, their parents and the school throughout the year, through events and fundraising. The Headmaster attends their committee meetings and their feedback and input is invaluable to the school.
A Committee is elected each year at the KHPA AGM, this year (2017) being held on Tuesday Septembers 12th @7.30pm. A nomination sheet went out to each household in the August mailing but is also available in downloads. A new Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer is elected every three years from the elected committee members. Please see downloads on this page for newly elected 2017 Committee.
The KHPA meets approximately every 6 weeks, and divides up responsibility for the many events that they run. The success of all these events is dependent on support from all the parent body and it is a great way to meet other parents, which doesn’t happen as frequently in secondary school. Additional volunteers are always welcome!
SAVE THE DATE: Form 2 Parent Social March 9th, 2018 - download form for tickets here
Below is a list of events that take place during the year:
- Pre-Debs Reception - 11/9/17 time
- AGM with Guest Speaker – 12/9/17 @ 7.30pm
- Form 1 Service & Reception Parents & Pupils 13/10/17
- Mock Interviews – Form 6 - 25/10/17 7-9PM (supper at 6pm)
- Prefect/Mentors Thank-You Supper 15/12/17 7-9pm
- Unform Recycling Collection & Sale 22/12/17 10.45am
- Topical Parent Talks with Guest Speakers
- Form 2 Parent Social Evening 9/3/18
- Career Evening – Form 5 13/3/18
- Topical Student Talk with Guest Speaker
- Valedictory Dinner – Form 6 18/5/18
- End of Year Shindig with Student Council
- Financial Support to School Projects