The King’s Hospital Parents Association (KHPA) is very active in supporting the students, their parents and the school throughout the year, through events and fundraising. The Headmaster attends their committee meetings and their feedback and input is invaluable to the school.
A Committee is elected each year at the KHPA AGM, this year (2016) being held on Tuesday Septembers 13th @7.30pm. A nomination sheet went out to each household in the August mailing. A new Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer is elected every three years from the elected committee members.
The KHPA meets approximately every 6 weeks, and divides up responsibility for the many events that they run. The success of all these events is dependent on support from all the parent body and it is a great way to meet other parents, which doesn’t happen as frequently in secondary school. Additional volunteers are always welcome!
Below is a list of events that take place during the year:
- Pre-Debs Reception - 12/9 5pm
- AGM with Guest Speaker – 13/9 @ 7.30pm
- Form 1 Service & Reception Parents & Pupils - 14/10 @ 7pm
- Mock Interviews – 6th Form - 14/10 from 6pm
- Prefect/Mentors Thank-You Supper
- Unform Recycling Collection & Sale
- Topical Parent Talks with Guest Speakers
- Parent Social Evenings
- Career Evening – 5th Form
- Topical Student Talk with Guest Speaker
- Valedictory Dinner – 6th Form
- End of Year Shindig with Student Council
- Financial Support to School Projects